Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The End... And The Begining 12/28 - 12/31 Days 363 -365

Where does one even begin to sum up such a special year in one's life?  I rarely find myself speechless or at a loss for words, but this is one of those times.  As I type this, I have been reflecting on the last year, all the experiences, all the memories, all the pictures... What a year.

I guess I will start with just typing whatever comes to mind and see where this takes me.

First, I want to thank all the people in my day to day life.  So many of my friends stepped up to help me make this possible.  Many of them spent hours and hours of their own time brainstorming ideas, helping me get organized, and going with me to do some of the Challenges.  I can never say thank you enough for all the time and energy you guys put into this.

I would also like to thank my personal training clients who are on the regular rotation.  You guys were so flexible, understanding, and supportive.  I could not have made this year happen without all of you.  Watching you all continue to work towards your goals inspires me everyday.


The Members of the 1000 Challenge Community.  As of this writing we are nearly 7000 strong and our numbers are growing each and everyday.  When my alarm goes off at 415am everyday, I think of all of you scattered throughout the world - working hard to live better, more fulfilling lives.  You all are the fuel to my fire.  Watching you all grow, reading your stories, seeing you want more for your lives, motivates me to do more, to reach for greater heights.  One person wrote to me saying goodbye today.  I responded by saying, "there is lots more to come.  The world is a big place and if I truly want to change the world, well then I guess I am just getting started."  Anything is possible guys... keep reaching for new heights.  Be the change you wish to see in the world.

To say this year has been amazing, would be an understatement.  In January I thought "How and the hell am I going do this... what have I gotten myself into???"  Now on the last day of 2011 my thoughts are, "How the hell is this year over... how did it go by so fast?"

What were my favorite Challenges, what were the most memorable moments... all of these are questions I want to answer, but am going to wait a few days to answer them so I have some time to honestly take a look back and reflect.  How can I choose from so many.  I know the sunrise/sunset day is my favorite ( sunrise/sunset challenge ), but what is number 2, number 3, number 4?  What moments stand out, what moments were more challenging than others?  Again, I think in a few more days I will have more clarity and will be able to better answer those questions.

As 2011 ends, I am torn.  I want to spend time remembering the past, but also want to spend time looking to the future.  2011, the past, has been a year to remember, but the future, 2012 and beyond, holds the potential to surpass 2011, I know it is up to me.

2012, how does one begin at day 1 after living a year that was defined by doing something new, averaging nearly 3 new things each and every day for 365 consecutive days???  I guess there are choices, just like with everything else in life.  Choice #1 - I could sleep in, take the day off... I am sure people would expect that.  Choice #2 - I could go out and celebrate the end of the 1000 Challenge, go crazy for the New Year's and start 2012 like that - it's an option, but I have done that before, minus the celebrating the end of the 1000 Challenge.  Choice #3, I can wake up just like I have for the last year, motivated and with a purpose.  I could take the momentum I have generated from this year and use it to start 2012 in a way that is special, meaningful to me.  Hmmmm.... what choice do I make?? :)

A year is composed of 365 days, life is composed of each and every day that makes up the years of one's life.  Each of our lives are made up of 1000's of moments.  If there is one thing I hope everyone can take away from the 1000 Challenge it is this: Each of those moments, we have power in choosing how we experience them.  We can choose to let them slip away like grains of sand falling through our hands, or we can choose to make the best of every moment we are presented with.  We can choose to smile instead of frown.  We can choose to make each and every moment special if we really wanted to.  We all have that much power in the day to day living of our lives.

 There is so much I want to say right now, but am just not finding the words to say it.  There are so many thoughts and feelings running through me right now.  Again, over the next few days, I think I will find more words to properly share all I wish to.

So as a New Year and new set of Challenges begin, I leave you all with this, a recurring theme from the 1000 Challenge, "A little fact about life, it is meant to be lived!"

Life is meant to be lived everyone!  Get out and live this year like no other, make it your best year ever.

2012 is here, I got a ton of Challenge's I plan to take on this year and only 1 Year to do them in... I need to get started Right Now!!!

Enjoy the pics,

Carpe Diem,

Jesse





1 comment:

  1. Wow... I never made a list of what I wanna do during the year and never had thoughts about changing my life, to enjoying my life ... Now I haven't got a choice. I MUST do anything. Time is not limitless... We should recognize to LIVE every minute of our lifes.

    ReplyDelete